Sunday, November 2, 2014

LA - San Francisco - Portland - Seattle

"You only lose what you cling to."

November 26th
Today I fly home from Seattle to St Louis to spend THANKSgiving holiday (día de acción de gracias) with my lovely family. I'm feeling joyful for all the lovely friends that shared with me the last couple weeks on the west coast. 

November 24th
Today I write from Seattle, Washington. The past several days I have explored the city by bicycle, spent time with friends, shared delicious food and attended a breathwork workshop. Holotropic breathwork is the form of practice, and it was very interesting. Look it up! 

Thank you to my friends Molly, Ryan, Meggie, Elise, Rebecca, Brian, Jon and Megan. I appreciate so much your friendliness, conversations and generosity. 

Downtown Seattle behind Lake Union


November 20th
Today I am taking a road trip from Berkeley to Portland. There are helpful websites: zimride, Craigslist and ridejoy where people can offer a seat in their car in exchange for gas money. This way we both win. I get a ride to my destination, and the driver gets gas money on a trip they are already taking.

The past few days in the Bay Area of California have been really fun. Erin and Tom, my friends from college, invited me to stay at her home in Oakland. Thanks for your generosity! We rode bicycles around San Francisco and shared delicious food. The following nights I stayed with a childhood friend, Jason and his wife Xiaojing. Thank you two for being you! 

Downtown San Francisco view from Misson Delores Park. Erin runs up the hill after sliding down the slide. We had fun riding bicycles around the city.


November 17th, 5am
I sit at the home of my friend Michael in West Hollywood, ready to be picked up to start our journey north to the Bay Area of California. Through Craigslist, I found a carpool ride with a local and we will make the six hour trip together with one other passenger.
This last weekend in LA area has been a blast. I stayed the majority of time with my brother, Stephen, near Pomona. He is in school there, yet he had a long weekend off to enjoy golfing, yoga, great food and authentic conversations. Thanks for your generosity Stevo. We got to spend a fun Saturday night with our friend Michael, who also went to college with me at FSU. Michael and Stephanie let me stay the night at their place last night, and they always make it so comfortable. Thanks friends!
So now I'm traveling north. I'm excited to see more friends along the way in Oakland. 

Brother Stephen, Logan and myself pose for a picture in Hollywood CA after the Florida State football game

Hollywood!

Stephen and I went golfing, baked pumpkin pies, kept it real and had a great time together. Thanks for all your generosity Stevo!



November 13th

I fly to California today. It's the beginning of a two week trip from LA to Seattle to visit family and friends, and check out a potential job in Southern California. I'm excited to be in warm weather since St Louis winter is very cold. 

:))


No comments:

Post a Comment