Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pisac and San Salvador, Peru

May 25th, 2014

"Be the love you seek."

Pisac

Pisac lies in the Sacred Valley of Peru. Here in the valley are some famous Incan ruins including Macchu Picchu. Pisac is home to many local Peruanos and now a community of foreigners. I felt immediately comfortable here and found the community to be inviting and loving. I stayed two weeks and thouroughly enjoyed my time. My home was at a Yoga Bed and Breakfast called Nidra Wasi. This family run business is an extremely comfortable place to call home. Thank you Daya, Rafaela and your family!
Daya, Ricky and I enjoy a laugh at Nidra Wasi




These terraces were built by the Incans hundreds of years ago. They built them to grow food. Today they are still presevered and are in excellent condition. 
Incan Ruins near Pisac, Peru 

San Salvador

I spent a week in the tiny town of San Salvador with a couple friends. In this town, we were the only foreigners, which was really nice. Quechua and Spanish are spoken in the streets. The children are not shy, and will approach you to say hello. Colors are vibrant, smiles are common. I like this place.

In the mornings, I would make a fruit smoothie and sit in the sun in the courtyard. The fruit here is incredible! Mangos, papayas, bananas, and so much fruit I have never heard of.
The view from the chair in the previous picture. The mountains above were calling my name...

Quinoa grows all over Peru and Bolivia. Here the colorful quinoa grows in the mountains near San Salvador. This trek was a short walk from town.
San Salvador from above

Lares

A few friends traveled in the sacred valley to a tiny town called Lares. Here, they are known for the incredible hot springs coming from the earth's core. There are multiple pools with different temperatures, 360 degree views of mountains and the tranquility to sooth any soul. Here we relaxed, hiked and enjoyed our time for three beautiful days.
John from San Francisco, Laura from Australia and Stephanie from Germany and I enjoy the sunshine on a beautiful morning. The pools are in the background.
John and Stephanie share a moment during our hike

This rock was looking at me, so I had to take a picture
This is how the women from the country dress. Colorful, eh! Here they are selling their textiles to a community store.

The flowers here are so pretty




A mummy from pre-Hispanic times.

 The first time I discovered these bones was at night. Alone. In the mountains of the Peruvian Andes. I decided to follow up path on a hillside I stumbled upon, not knowing what I would find. As I slowly walked the edge of the hillside cliff, I felt a rush of insecurity that I should not be there, then I flashed my light to find these bones. WOAH, human bones! I could not believe it. The feelings I had were strong, a bit scary, and I decided to leave and return in daylight.







No comments:

Post a Comment