Friday, January 11, 2013

Realization Starting to Sink in

The realization of my trip has started to settle in the past couple days. My parents told me to organize everything I own into piles for goodwill, recycle, trash, and what I plan to keep. This process takes much longer than expected, yet is fun to reminisce.

My cousin Henry has helped me a lot in getting mentally prepared for my adventure and opened my mind that this chapter of my life is coming to an end. The life I know so well and have become so comfortable with, will all be flipped up-side down until the culture shock wears off.

I will be starting new. Fresh. All new friends. Experiences that I have no idea are about to engulf me. It's exhilarating, yet takes my breath away.

I feel I'm mentally and physically more prepared than ever have until this point in my life.

"Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes"
-Zig Ziglar

Today I drive to Nashville, TN to have one last party with all my Southwestern friends. About 300 friends from around the world! Here's to living!

1 comment:

  1. Duuude YEAH!!! Awesome I can't wait to read about your adventures down there. Btw that's my favorite quote from all of the one's we talked about!!

    ReplyDelete