Sunday, May 17, 2015

Exploring California

August 3rd, 2015 
Oakland, California

"The priveledge of a lifetime is to become who you truly are." - CG Jung

Hello from the Bay Area of California. I currently reside on the Berkeley and Oakland border and it is so beautiful here. Perfect weather, friendly and intelligent people, lots of things going on. It is the first time in a while I have lived in such a big city, and I am learning of many events going on and meeting many wonderful people and communities. 

The past several months I have been blessed to travel around California to enjoy different aspects that give the state it's famous name. 

Here are some pictures to give you an idea!


Yosemite National Park!


Yosemite National Park. Half Dome, a famous rock face, shines in the late afternoon sun as the full moon rises



Yosemite National Park. Woah!


Sports events!


Stephen and I went to several playoff basketball games including this Finals game! What an experience!
Stephen and I get close to the court after the game!


Oakland A's game!

Stephen, Jess, Mom and I pose at Dodger stadium on July 4th. After the game, there were fireworks.

Sailing!






Catamaran in the Bay Area! We sailed underneath the Golden Gate Bridge (seen in photo) and around Alcatraz, the famous prison.






Camping in Sequoia National Park


What a wonderful place to put your bed! Camping in Sequoia National Park




Couldn't be happier sitting beneath this humongous tree!




Sequoias!



June, 2015
This weekend I decided to take a trip to Sequoia National Park located near Visalia, CA. Some of the tallest, widest and oldest living things on earth live here, giant sequoia trees. These trees have estimated ages between 1800-2700 years, have about 286 feet (86m) in height, and a circumference of about 113 feet (34m) or more. I felt like an ant standing near these trees...unbelievable!!


Nice place to put a hammock, eh! This is such a magical place!



View from atop Moro Rock. The Sierra Mountain range is in the background. The trees to the left of the picture are in the giant sequoia forest



The size of these trees are mind boggling. I stand in front of a sequoia to give you perspective


.......
March 23rd
14 days into selling solar panels and I'm learning so much. I remember why I like sales so much, and one reason is that I am so challenged to stay present, aware and in control of my thoughts and to treat everyone with deep respect. Plus, it's nice to have a home!


May 17th

I leave Visalia today to explore the San Joaquin River with some friends I met while camping in the Sierra Mountains a couple weeks ago. Devon and Denise invited me to go to the river with a canoe, a keg of home brewed beer, BBQ and good times. I'm really excited.
And beginning Monday, I will be in Oakland for a couple days to visit my brother, play softball, watch playoff basketball and enjoy the Bay Area. I plan to visit Yosemite National Park to camp, hike and be in nature for a few days too.
Here is to the beautiful life we have!!



Hawaiian sling, canoe, snorkels! Having fun outside Fresno with some good friends!


View from atop Mt. Tamalpais, overlooking the Bay Area and the Pacific Ocean


 

No comments:

Post a Comment