Saturday, October 14, 2017

Community Living in Berkeley, California

It's official! It's been 2 years since moving to California and when I decided to put a pause on the travel portion journey to Alaska! It's amazing how quickly time flies when you're living in one place. It's been a while since my last post, so thank you for your patience.

One of the biggest reasons I decided to move to California was to surround and ground myself in community. I heard the San Francisco Bay Area has many co-op style living situations which keeps living costs cheaper and is the type of living situation I prefer and see myself participating in for a long time.

Life has a remarkable way of matching us to the people, place and situation where we need to be to grow. After a long struggle to find a community where I felt at home and settled, the universe couldn't have picked a btter place for me to land. Thanks to great friends I've met along my journey, I landed at the Hog Farm Community in Berkeley, California. From the moment I arrived, I've felt welcomed, loved, grounded and appreciated here. It's hard to express how important a home is to me. The feelings associated with being settled, having one bed, a private room, feeling appreciated and helpful really fill me up and allow me to blossom and show up in life.

Thank you again to the Hog Farm and wonderful friends in the Bay Area!!

Our home at night



No comments:

Post a Comment