Sunday, January 5, 2014

Found a ride to Antarctica!

January 5th, 2014

Many parents tell their children they can do anything they set their mind to. I never believed this as a child, yet I began to believe in my late teenage years. This post is to prove that anything is possible.

I wrote this in my journal in February 2013:

"I am committed to this to prove that you can do anything you set your mind to. I want to cross the last continent off my list of traveled places. I want to have an amazing story of how I travel to Antarctica for super cheap even though many have told me it would be so hard and expensive. If I do not travel there, I will regret it always. I do not know if I will ever have a chance again to travel there. I may always look at a map and know I could have tried harder."

Today I am in Puerto Williams, Chile. We are docked here for the day, and tomorrow we will sail to Cape Horn, and then begin crossing the Drake Passage on the morning of the 7th. I am on the sailboat called Australis with Roger Wallis. Thank you Roger for having the confidence in me to invite me to crew your boat. I will most likely be out of internet service until late January. Yipee!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, awesome. I was reading on the site you linked to about the Australis, sounds incredible. I hope you had a blast, let's meet up in S. America!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jimmy!! yo me pregunto ¿donde estarás? ¿llegaste? quiero saber más!! un abrazo...

    ReplyDelete